October 4, 2010

Spawned in the 90's

Spawn
(Click image to enlarge)

I was never a big fan of Spawn, but at the time when Todd McFarlane's creepy creation debuted, I didn't miss the 'hugeness' of it all. I did pick up Spawn #1, partly out of collector's instinct, and partly out of creative curiosity. 

McFarlane's run on Spider-Man had been a big hit, but looking through the pages of that Spawn book, I knew I had never seen anything quite like it. Before you knew it, the comics, toys, the HBO cartoon and the movie had hit. 

Anyway, the whole enthusiasm for Spawn definitely cooled, and I don't think Spawn has ever became what I'd call "mainstream", but the phenomenon will always be remembered by many as a bookmark of the 90's.

4 comments:

  1. Huge fan of Spawn here. Thanks for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. flip that is awesome he looks like a overlord maybe you could put a big vicious hound with him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Otima escolha. Eu sou fã tambem. Bom trabalho cara, fazer oque agente gosta é o maior prazer nessa vida.

    ReplyDelete