July 8, 2008

Highly Illogical, Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk, Spock

The orignal Star Trek is definately my favorite Trek. I watched an episode the other night where the crew, upon encountering a strange new planet, met up with a man claiming to be Abraham Lincoln! There was also one episode where they visited a world that had been taken over by Nazis!

I just love those bizarre setups they often opened the show with, stuff that makes you say "Huh?!" It really makes for a fun mystery and keeps you hanging on. On top of that, the cast was great, especially Leonard Nimoy - Spock's usual subdued demeanor made his little accidental slips of emotion especially funny.

Anyway, Shatner and Nimoy went on to do some pretty odd things. Shatner singing "Rocket Man" was one thing, but I especially love Nimoy's "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"...


4 comments:

  1. jeje Cool, but I dont know which is better...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Futurama_ep65.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, awesome. These make me so happy. I'd love to see some DS9 and Next Gen characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha nice job with the compensation on the "live long and prosper" hand signal despite the four fingers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you please do some of the Star Trek cast from this new movie?

    ReplyDelete