August 11, 2008

The Night Shift

Stephen Colbert, David Letterman, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien

These are some of the guys who snicker you off to sleep at night. A few of my thoughts here -

Colbert must have a very high IQ. He's not only very knowledgeable, but quick on his feet. I often think the average news program is so padded with fluff and lazy reporting that you'd be better off watching something like The Colbert Report for your news. At least it advertises itself as a comedy program.

Anyway, I'm probably a Letterman guy myself, I just like how odd the man is. I actually like playing "Will It Float?" and I always stay up and watch the show when they they hurl stuff off of the roof :) I'm still trying to figure out how to do that little pencil trick of Dave's.

Jay Leno is cool too, his "Headlines" segment on Mondays is always a sure bet for laughs. His "Jaywalking" segments are pretty much a service to America, showing that a good number of Americans are clueless about politics, the Bible, and the world around them.

I like Conan O'Brien because he can pretty much walk his way into any situation and wrestle it into something funny. His little dances and silly voices are icing on the cake. It's too bad Jay is leaving The Tonight Show, but Conan should fill the spot as well as anyone could.

Anyway, it's time for me to say g'night!

UPDATE -
Craig Ferguson is here

21 comments:

  1. colbert but no john stewart? and craig kilborn would be funny to see as simpsonized

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conan was once a writer for the simpsons. I think that's pretty relevant to your project here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right, Conan was a Simpsons writer! Good point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill Maher please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um... the Simpsons already did Conan (and it actually looked quite similar!)
    http://simpsonsconan.ytmnd.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, Conan was on Simpsons, that's how I got his look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about "TV's Craig Ferguson" from the Late Late Show?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where's Jon Stewart? Dude You Should Do Some Office Ones Or Scrubs.Those Would Be Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these, especially Colbert! Only Conan needs to be taller in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really amazing. I love them, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb, but no Jon Stewart or Bill Maher?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Leno was also on the show, on some episode about Krusty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jon Stewart was also on the Simpsons, if you want to see him simpsonized...
    http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/jonstewart_simpsons.jpg

    As for Bill Maher, it's HBO so it doesn't count. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work, you gotta make Conan's hair part more obvious though:

    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/wp-content/uploads/simpsonconan.jpg

    And get us some Jon Stewart...

    ReplyDelete
  15. What about the GREAT craig fergusson???!

    ReplyDelete
  16. akuma - Yeah, I must say, Ferguson is pretty great, and he will be coming very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The eyebrow on Colbert is what sells it.

    Fantastic, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. even though he was already simpsonised, you can't do colbert w/o stewart. come on!

    the colbert one is the best. the eyebrow is the winning touch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, anonymous, for the link to Jon Stewart on the Simpsons, but he doesn't have legs like the other punx. Please do Jon Stewart so I may add him to my collection (that I have printed out, pasted on cardboard, and attached to my computer monitor :-)
    These are all great, Dean, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Would very much appreciate an update of Conan O'Brien rocking the beard!

    ReplyDelete