August 31, 2008

Welcome back, my cheeky little monkeys!

Craig Ferguson

Craig Ferguson makes The Late Late Show a joy to watch. His monologue is basically a new stand-up routine every night. Craig is such a natural. He flirts with the audience. He addresses them like an old friend. Compare his show to some of the others - his audience isn't clapping after a joke, they're actually laughing.

He's quickly becoming a real force in late night too, apparently earlier this year he beat Conan in the ratings for the first time.

Occasionally he'll even devote his monologue to a more serious issue like substance abuse and its temptations for a young person in Hollywood.


He's probably not everybody's cup of tea, but he enjoys his job too much for me not to get caught up in it as well.

See the other
late night inspired Punx here

11 comments:

  1. I never liked Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, or the other late show hosts, but I found Craig hilarious. Maybe because I watched too many episodes of the Drew Carey Show...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig Ferguson is the one genuine, creative comic on late night TV. You can tell he loves his job and so do his listeners. I see great things ahead for this man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog. can i post some of the art on my blog? with link and credits to your site :D thanks

    it's jraguilar.multiply.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah dude, that should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice works! Can you "simpsonize" He-Man & the Masters of the Universe? He-Man, Skeletor, Man-at-Arms, teela. beast-Man...you know? A big thanx from Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, dude.

    It would be cool if you simpsonize de Lost characters xD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha i love craig!!!! welky backy everybodys !! hahahah I KNOW !! sorry but this guy really makes me laugh, nice blog you have, greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, great blog:-) I love Craig! He's the one late night tv show host who I feel really cares about what he talks about. He's fiercely patriotic (a quality I thinkis all but dead among many tv personalities), has a fabulous sense of humor and is very spontaneous. Never miss an episode

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that Craig clip made me tear up. I already love him but this just added to the love. Great talent AND great man.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I thought he was just another late night hack (cough, Fallon) but was apparently mistaken. Thanks for showing that clip, I'm gonna check his show out! And, thanks for the awesome caricatures, fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do Geoff Peterson! The robot skeleton!

    ReplyDelete