June 7, 2011

Super Whosday; the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker

The Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker)









































Well the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) was certainly the runaway favorite in the poll I put up, and I've finally gotten around to him. Hopefully these 12 different variations should be enough for everyone...

Baker is arguably the archetype for DW Doctors, and he's certainly the one I remember seeing on PBS as a kid - Even though I never really understood it and was far more interested in Superman and Batman. I loved the theme music though!

In fact, when the show came back with Eccleston, I said "Hey, what is this?! Doctor Who is supposed to have a hat and a long scarf!" Obviously I still knew very little about Doctor Who then, but now I understand why Tom Baker is such a beloved Doctor.

And as a bonus, check out some cool DW artwork people have been inspired to do -

First, 'John Smith's' 'The Implausible Astronaut'


Then we have 'Doctor Who on the Simpsons' by CPD-91
 











And also, something really cool from 'Michael'...

21 comments:

  1. They look graet Dean please do the other 6 doctors please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG WOW!! THATS AMAZING DEFINATLY A SUPER WHOSDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey these are brilliant, love how he's kind of an updated version of how the simpsons made him look.
    btw I'm Cpd-91 Glad you like the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Way to reverse the jelly baby of the neutron flow! I just hope that the internets can handle this latest Doctor Who implosion. ;}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, Dean. Pre-David Tennant, Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor (he was the first Doctor I ever saw)

    jakewoodblues

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just awsome can i have the third doctor please he's my favourite :) please and the best by far except david tennat. also have we got a sontaron they are awsome villians.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please do the other doctor's! This is really brilliant, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome.....I love jelly babies!!!(my brother was actually the Tom Baker Doctor for halloween last year so he'll love to see this)
    -Lorelei AKA GalaxyGirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I'd realised there was a poll before it was over. Hope for, well all of them eventually, but either Five or Seven next. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Jelly Babies

    More sad news for Dr Who Fans Roy Skelton, the original voice of the Daleks had died at 79 after a stroke... British Viewers may remember him as the Voices of Zippy and George from Rainbow...

    Just thought I would share this sad info.

    Noel 9 (who can't make his google id work at the momment !!! )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it and love that you included Jelly Babies, you can't have The Fourth Doctor w/out Jelly Babies!

    Now, get to work on Jon Pertwee! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  12. the remaining doctors does seem to be the next logical step --your existing ones are too good to remain incomplete ---especially with the shows 50th anniverary coming up in 2013

    ReplyDelete
  13. please could you do Martain Manhunter i have tried myself but can not.

    Philip soon to be website designer of Doodle Doug

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if you gave this guy permission, but based on the other stuff he's selling, I'm guessing not - http://j.mp/m021J1 - Thought you might like to know he's trying to make money off of your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! So much love for Four, right there! :O That is awesome summed up!

    Heh...since everyone else seems to be getting their ideas in...go on - Punx the Master! You /know/ you want to! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. WELL DONE

    Do you want a jelly baby?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with some of the others on this thread. We need Doctor 2,3,5,6,7,8.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Would you like a jelly baby??

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really great, the 4th Doctor is awesome way better than the official Simpsons version

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Dean! Great drawings!! Would love to see one of David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor. Also, if possible at some point in time, there are tons of Dark Shadows fans who'd love to see you do drawings of the original soap opera cast members. Please and thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete